19.2.09

vota Tierra!

Photobucket
Fairey’s poster for Earth Hour

Following the success of his Obama poster, Shepard Fairey has been commissioned to create a poster to advertise this year’s Earth Hour.

Earth Hour was created by WWF and Leo Burnett advertising agency in 2007, when over 2.2 million Sydney dwellers switched off their electricity for an hour in a bid to raise awareness of climate change. In 2008, Earth Hour went global for the first time, taking place in 35 countries. This year Earth Hour will take place on March 28 at 8.30pm.

“Of all the crises we’re facing right now, I think the environmental one is the biggest,” says Fairey. “Bigger than the economy, bigger than terrorism. It’s serious, but I’m hopeful about it, because I feel like every single person can make a difference and be part of the greater solution. If I can use my art in any way to have a positive impact, I’m glad to do it.”


No hay comentarios: